Monday, April 13, 2015

Alpha Test/Prototype Review: The Static Speaks My Name

Alpha Test/Prototype Review:

The Static Speaks My Name


     If in fact there was a game, be it in alpha state or prototype, that left the user/player hanging with absolutely no sense of accomplishment, "The Static Speaks My Name" would be that game.

     First and foremost, the alpha test/prototype of this "game," is actually very solid in the way it was crafted. The actual skeleton for this game is amazing in the amount of depth that the player has to interact with each item in the setting. Credit is due where credit is due, and that said, the creator really did put a lot of thought into the layout of this apartment. However, this is the only truly positive thing that can be said of this game.

     So let's call a spade, a spade and be honest, this isn't a "game," it's a suicide simulator. I find it disgusting, while completely and utterly lacking in content of any sort. There is absolutely nothing the player can take away from this game other than negative thoughts and essentially a step by step guide on how to die by the noose. This is not creative media, this can not even be placed in a video game genre. That said, I refuse to call this a game. It is not a game. What it is, is simply a sick tool developed to play upon the darker, most sensitive feelings of the human being.

     Normally, I am a "glass half-full" type of guy. I like to see things for what they are and strip it down to the best possible situation. With that said, there is just absolutely no use for this garbage on the internet. Already, there are too many problems in real life. The idea of "gaming" is to have fun. Many of us play video games to escape or relax. Suicide is not "funny" (and to describe a simulator as such is grotesque). It is a very serious matter that nobody, and I absolutely mean NOBODY, needs to be reminded, is an option.

     In closing, I can honestly say the suicide simulator has some great structural concepts and the best part of the tool was exploration of the apartment. However, with this being the only glimmer of praise, I refuse to support the idea of this game and honestly find no need for it on the market. If the creator was looking to be controversial, then they certainly achieved new lows. My advice: Go back to the drawing board and come up with something a little more useful.

     This is normally where I plug in a website for information, however, due to my own personal convictions on the content and integrity of this game, I will refuse to forward any support. Please, find a true game, an actual game, and have some fun.



Be sure to check out my other content!

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9wBb1EsrvF6mEPTWD1d0qA

Blog: http://btngaminggamereviews.blogspot.com/

Tumblr: http://bringthenoisegaming.tumblr.com/

Follow me on Twitter: @BTN_Gaming

No comments:

Post a Comment